Monday, February 18, 2008

All sleep, no work...

A few people have asked what Lucas Tukus has been up to lately, and why I haven't made time to write. The reasons are tenfold. One, I prefer writing the old-fashioned way, using my claws as a quill and human blood as ink.

Two, I've been busy supervising.

Ever since the basement of my abode flooded, I've had a full-time job managing the various contractors who have come in to dry out the carpet, pull out the wall, replace the sheet rock and trim, paint, etc... It's all I can do to keep these fellows on task.

I've been asked about my management philosophy, and whether I adhere to the Jack Welch school of management, or instead follow Ken Chenault.

The truth is my managment style is very organic and hands-on. I prefer to micromanage all aspects of the repairs. I rub up against each piece of drywall before it goes on, and I keep a close eye on all my repair staff to keep them properly utilized. Sometimes that requires a swat on the hand for when I sense they might be slacking, or rubbing up against their legs to provide positive reinforcement for a job well done.

Most cats prefer to hide when there's strange people over making all kinds of racket with their power tools, but not me. I'm a manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home